GaRDoS Production
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3

2 posters

Go down

Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3 Empty Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3

Post by Admin Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:20 pm

NEPTUNE:
Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3 240px-Neptune
Neptune is the eight planet in our solar system, Named for the Roman god of the sea.
it is the fourth largest planet by diameter and the third largest by mass.
Neptune 17 times massive then Earth, Discovered on September 23, 1846.
13 Moons orbiting Neptune, One of them is Triton, The largest moon. Imagine living on Triton and viewing the giant Neptune in the morning and night sky, Its awesome, but unpossible. Neptune has been visited by The spacecraft "Voyager 2", which flew by the planet on August 25, 1989.
Its Orbital period is 60,190 days or 164.79 Years.
Temperatures of the planets Center 5,000°C, Of the cloud tops are −218°C.
Neptune has a faint and fragmented ring system, which may have been detected during the 1960s but was only indisputably confirmed in 1989 by Voyager 2. So here is another Gas Giant with a ring system.
Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3 325px-Neptune_diagram.svg
The internal structure of Neptune:
1. Upper atmosphere, top clouds
2. Atmosphere consisting of hydrogen, helium and methane gas
3. Mantle consisting of water, ammonia and methane ices
4. Core consisting of rock and ice

Pluto:
Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3 200px-Pluto
The Nine planet of our solar system which is confirmed as a Dwarf planet because of its Tiny Size (I see it stupid, Because its big as our moon, Its smaller then ERIS which is other dwarf planet WTF, Its got Moons!...
Here is a picture of Pluto compared to other dwarf planets and to earth.
Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3 400px-EightTNOs
[Pluto, formal designation 134340 Pluto, is the second-largest known dwarf planet in the Solar System (after Eris) and the tenth-largest body observed directly orbiting the Sun. Pluto and its largest moon, Charon, are sometimes treated together as a binary system because the barycentre of their orbits does not lie within either body Orbital period 90,613.305 days/248.09 years. Very Small Mass, 3 moons. Temperature −230°C]

FROM HERE I WILL CONTINUE WITH ALL REMAINING DWARF PLANETS, Though, I FOUND OUT OF THEM ONLY AT THE LATE 2008 SO I HAVN'T STUDY MUCH YET, I WILL COPY-PASTE INFORMATION FROM WIKIPEDIA NOW!

HAUMEA:
Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3 2003_EL61
Haumea, formal designation (136108) Haumea, is a dwarf planet in the Kuiper belt. Its mass is one-third the mass of Pluto. It was discovered in 2004 by a team headed by Mike Brown of Caltech at the Palomar Observatory in the United States and, in 2005, by a team headed by J. L. Ortiz at the Sierra Nevada Observatory in Spain, though the latter claim has been contested. On September 17, 2008, it was accepted as a dwarf planet by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) and named after Haumea, the Hawaiian goddess of childbirth.
2 Moons Hiʻiaka and Namaka. Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3 200px-2003EL61art

Soon Part 4 (LAST)! Await!
Admin
Admin
GaRDoS Administrator
GaRDoS Administrator

Reputation Level : 11

https://gardos.forumisrael.net

Back to top Go down

Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3 Empty Re: Planets & Dwarf planets Part 3

Post by BboyNikey Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:23 am

eris look like Kotej !